Are you interested in volunteering as a counsellor/trainer or consultant?
Positive Health at VAC/GMHC is looking for professionally trained and experienced counsellors/trainers and consultants. Positive Health team members are responsible for contributing to the health and well-being of clients by providing counselling to individuals or couples, therapeutic group work, training or consultation to those who are living with or affected by HIV, those who are living with or affected by Hepatitis C, as well as providing counselling, training and consultation to the broader GLBT community and to those providing support to the GLBT community.
Positive Health team members work within a non-judgemental framework for addressing a broad range of issues, as well as providing information and promotion of safe sex to our client group.
We seek professionals who are committed and sensitive to join our team:
- For a minimum twelve month period.
- For three to four client contact hours per week
As a volunteer member of the Positive Health team you will be required to attend:
- Two – three professional development days throughout the year.
- Regular individual supervision.
- Regular group supervision.
You are eligible if you:
- Have a professional qualification with a minimum of two years counselling experience.
- Are registered with your professional association.
- Are willing to sign a volunteer counselling confidentiality agreement.
We have a yearly intake of volunteer Positive Health team members in October each year. If you are interested and have the commitment and professional experience please contact:
Phone: (03) 9865 6700 (or free-call 1800 134 840 for country callers)
You will need to provide your resume, including two professional referees and a written expression of interest stating why you want to work within our agency and how you believe you can contribute. Interested candidates will be interviewed and, if successful, will participate in an induction process, which involves two days of training.
- HIV Testing
- HIV Positive
- Community centre (PLC)
- Community support
- HIV positive peer support
- In-home support
- HIV/HEPC 'Take control' course
- Peer Education
- Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AOD)
- HIV / AIDS
- Been exposed? (PEP)
- What is HIV?
- Newly diagnosed
- HIV Positive Services
- For family & friends
- Parent to child
- Having children
- HIV Fact Sheet
- Sexual Health
- Working Together
- Working at VAC
- Internship & placement
- Our corporate partners
- Our community partners
- Community Forums
- News & event archive