VAC Event Coordinator
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Event Coordinator to join a highly respected organisation within the community HIV/AIDS sector, the Victorian AIDS Council.
We require a talented person with strong organisational skills and an eye for detail to join our dynamic group working closely with our senior operations staff.
Working across all the programs of VAC this role provides an experienced practitioner with the opportunity to increase public awareness about VAC and its programs.
The role will involve taking responsibilities for all aspects of events including internal and external consultation, managing and developing volunteer and staff support teams, managing budgets and above all delivering inspiring events for VAC and our members.
Whilst based in Melbourne, you will need to work closely with the wider team across country Victoria and South Australia.
Reporting to the Partnerships Program Manager, the Event Coordinator will:
- Lead the development, design and review of the VAC Event Calendar. Plan the allocation of resources for administering events.
- Lead the planning, implementation and assessment of major VAC events. This includes overseeing all event logistics, planning, communication from inception to delivery including post event wrap up and reporting.
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of government, community and corporate partners to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Oversee negotiation with events suppliers and ensure event equipment and stock is maintained to a safe and presentable standard.
- Ensure all events meet their key objectives and that each objective is aligned with VAC’s strategic plan.
For further information, contact Johann Ruth, People, Finance & Operations Director at 03 9865 6700.
Send your resume, your response to our key selection criteria and a cover letter to Johann Ruth: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 10.00am on Monday, 22 August 2016. Please note to apply for this position you must have the right to work in Australia. Offers of employment will be subject to both Police and Working with Children Checks.
VAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- HIV Testing
- HIV Positive
- Peer Education
- Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AOD)
- HIV / AIDS
- Been exposed? (PEP)
- What is HIV?
- Newly diagnosed
- HIV Positive Services
- For family & friends
- Parent to child
- Having children
- HIV Fact Sheet
- Sexual Health
- Working Together
- Working at VAC
- Internship & placement
- Our corporate partners
- Our community partners
- Community Forums
- News & event archive