Who we are & what we do
The Centre Clinic is a safe, friendly LGBTI General Practice We provide general health care for gay men, lesbians and trans people, as well as specialist medical care for people living with HIV and expert sexual health screening and treatment.
Phone: (03) 9525 5866
Dr. BK Tee: Clinical Director/G.P. (Mon/Thurs/Fri)
Simon Powell: Practice Manager (Mon/Tues/Wed)
Ken Mackie/Andrew Timmins/Daniel Bryen: Reception and Administration
Dr. Stephen Rowles: G.P. (Mon/Tues/Wed/Thus/Fri)
Dr. Nanette Presswell : G.P. (Tues/Wed/Thurs)
Dr. Mike Porter: G.P. (Mon/Fri)
Dr. Chris Sherman: G.P. (Wed)
Dr. Melanie Bissessor: G.P. (Tues/Thurs/Fri/Sat)
Dr. Vincent Cornelisse: G.P. (Sat)
Danielle Collins: Nurse Practitioner Candidate
Helen Lau: HIV Clinical Trials Nurse (Thurs)
Darryl Ribaux: Clinical Psychologist (Tues/Wed)
Jenny McDonald: (one Wed every month)
The Centre Clinic is an Accredited medical practice – this means that it has been independently assessed against the Standards for General Practice (set by Royal Australian College of General Practitioners), guaranteeing a high quality service. The Clinic is also an Accredited site for trainee GP’s and medical students.
The Clinic is located in Fitzroy Street, St Kilda.
The Centre Clinic has an informal, friendly and relaxed atmosphere. The doctors who work here are all Registered General Practitioners – this means they are able to provide healthcare and specialist referrals for all health related matters.
We have strong links with a range of GLBTI friendly allied health services throughout Victoria – this includes dentists, podiatrists, psychologists, counsellors, dieticians, physio’s, chiro’s, osteopaths and other specialists.
Why the Centre Clinic?
There are many advantages to being a patient of The Centre Clinic:
- We are not-for-profit medical clinic and have been operating for 25 years – we have a proud history of serving our community
- We offer general healthcare to our community, not just HIV care
- We are a GLBTI health clinic – we belong to you
- Our GP’s and other staff work here because they have a strong commitment to our community, to justice, equality and equal access to healthcare
- We are sensitive to the concerns, needs and challenges that face our community
- We have a commitment and interest in doing all we can to reduce the burden of HIV (and other sexually transmitted infections) within our community.
- All our GPs are highly experienced General Practitioners and also accredited specialists in HIV treatment and care. This means that people living with HIV are able to access the full range of best practice HIV care through The Centre Clinic.
- We are an HIV clinical trials site and have been recruiting patients to a range of studies for many years.
- General healthcare
- Psychological healthcare
- Monitoring, treatment and care of HIV infection
- PEP – Post HIV Exposure Prophylaxis
- STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) testing and treatment (YOU collect your samples)
- HIV testing and counselling (including free rapid HIV testing)
- Hepatitis screening, vaccination and monitoring
All services provided at the Centre Clinic are currently bulk-billed for Medicare card holders. We only charge for some vaccinations.
Your medical record is confidential. The Centre Clinic maintains the security of your personal information at all times.
- HIV Testing
- HIV Positive
- Peer Education
- Alcohol and Other Drug Services (AOD)
- HIV / AIDS
- Been exposed? (PEP)
- What is HIV?
- Newly diagnosed
- HIV Positive Services
- For family & friends
- Parent to child
- Having children
- HIV Fact Sheet
- Sexual Health
- Working Together
- Working at VAC
- Internship & placement
- Our corporate partners
- Our community partners
- Community Forums
- News & event archive